AgentZ is a general chat handling, xp tracking and HUD plugin with several additional features. It can filter chat, change the color of a chat line, and add sound alerts for recieving chat, as well as doing command aliases and add information to chat output. It tracks your experience statistics and displays that and other information to a HUD. It also includes a clock HUD and a item HUD, a target HUD, and a status HUD. It also has several other features to make playing easier and more enjoyable, including auto mana stone use, auto bonus gem use, and auto beer use.
Version 184.108.40.206 – 2/25/12
- Added Luminance statistics.
- Corrected issues from Feb 2012 skill changes.
Version 220.127.116.11 – 2/5/10
- Experimental: /z sellpeas – Sells all your peas and purchases MMD’s.
- Difficulty calculation now takes into account your combat stance
- Added a check to Stamina on Healing. If your Stamina is 3% or less then it will drastically increase the difficulty. This means you will either use your best skill bonus kit or if smart healing is enabled then you will likely chug a potion/ration instead of heal.
- Now takes into account uses remaining on each kit. Will use whichever kit of the same type has the fewest uses remaining.
- Added Asheron’s Lesser Benediction to Bonus Gem auto use.
- Bonus Gem’s will no longer try to be used if their cooldown timer is in effect.
- Removed vendor interaction for the target HUD. This means that selecting items in a vendor will no longer show on the HUD, but this should fix crashing issues when interacting with vendors.
- Tweaked chat alias’ to fix an issue where it would sometimes inadvertently fire for a particular string format.
- Item cooldown timer’s will no longer show in the AgentZ spell list tab.
- Fixed Spellwords under Chat->General->Predefined to work for other’s spellcasting as well as your own.
- Fixed chat rule ordering so NPC Tell option actually works if you have Tells option enabled as well.
Version 18.104.22.168 RC1 – 11/24/09
Vista Compatibility. Settings are now stored in the Local Data folder.
The installer should attempt to move the files to the new location automatically. Keep in mind if you are upgrading, you must install to the same folder as the previous installation for the move script to work correctly.
If it fails for some reason, then you will need to manually move your settings and data folder to the new location.
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Local Settings\Application Data\AgentZ
DHS hotkeys for one touch healing, health items, stamina items, and mana items.
Reference the new one touch tab for configuration options.
- For consumable items you will simply use the item that will restore the most vital with the least amount of waste.
- The healing algorithm has several stages. It first tries to find the kit with the best restoration bonus above the success threshold. If none is found then it will try to find the best success.
- If the smart healing is utilized then if the best success rate found is still below the fall back threshold, then a health item will be used instead (if you have any).
- Note the cheapo setting will allow you to use “less valuable” kits when your health is above a certain threshold.
- Value in this algorithm is defined as restoration bonus * 100 + healing bonus. So for example a treated healing kit is valued at 225, while a renegade herbal kit is valued at 300.
- So if your health is above the threshold, then the treated kit will be used, saving your herbal kit.
- You may also specify a vital threshold where items will not be used. So if your stamina is at 97%, and you hit the hotkey, you will not waste a whole ration.
- And finally you can specify items to be exempt across the board. An example would be Sake, if you keep a supply for the drunken madman.
Plays a looping alarm sound if a specified vital is too low.
- Sounds are stored in a new “Loop” folder under the “Sounds” folder.
- Can now disable the corpse list if you no longer drop death items or don’t care about your corpse locations.
- Modified the Target HUD display for certain items which should be showing more information.
- Added Epics to the Spell display portion of the Target HUD
- Adjusted how file logging was implemented to avoid file locking errors under Vista/Win7.
- Updated plugin to support new skills. (Should fix errors when selecting 2H weapons)
- Cleaned up some potential memory leaks. (May fix vendor crashing issues)
- Rearranged some code that may help with a login issue that caused repeating error #5 and #6 to be displayed for some people.
- Made some minor modifications to the corpse list functionality to attempt to make automatic removal more reliable.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Unreleased)
- Fixed crashing bug with All button on Main Hud tab.
- Fixed (finally I think) a bug causing beers to drink twice sometimes.
- Fixed bug where Target Hud titlebar would show even when no target is selected.
Version 126.96.36.199 – 12/04/06
Major Code Changes/Clean Up
Generally improved efficiency across the plugin
- Corpse list now tries to recognize different corpses by their guid, making auto removing more accurate.
- Corpse list now stores what was lost on each corpse, you can get this info by click on the relative coords or time in the corpse list.
- Now adds item buff target based on chat text instead of selected item (Means item buffs via a plugin will record properly now)
- Item buffs should now account for the players augmentations. This will not work for item buffs cast on you, however if are getting buffed by someone else, you likely have other buffs you can track besides item.
- Added actions line to Custom Chat.
- It is a semi-colon delimited list of chat actions to perform
- Use  at the beginning of an action to send text to the chat window, 2 optional arguments [color, window]
- color can be 0-31, which are the standard ac chat types. window can be 0-4, 0 = main, 1-4 = windows.
- Example: /house recall; [7,1] I’m recalling!; /p I’m going to my house
- Added ability to add custom chat rules via a chat command
- Format is /z chatcustom <Text>|<Type>|<Window>|<Color>|<Sound>|<Actions>
- Clicking on the color of a custom chat rule will output the command for that rule to the chat window
- Added two separate methods of logging
- 1, Recent Log: Logs a configurable number of recent chat lines into a viewable list, clicking will show a date and full text
- 2, File Log: “/z log <filename>” A /log replacement, it allows you to log only specific types of chat to a file or XML
- Which types of chat to log for either method is configurable
- Optionally you can include timestamps into the log, and set it to automatically log to a file upon login.
- Log Files are stored in the Asheron’s Call folder within our My Documents folder.
- XSL and CSS files to format XML logs are included.
- Warnings: Logging requires more disk writes and thus can impact performance. Keep the number of lines for Recent logging on the lower end
- XML logging uses more memory and requires more writing, so if you use XML Logging, try unchecking much of the “spam” such as melee attacks in the options
- Using simple file logging (“Save to XML” option unchecked) is the most performant.
- AFK Mode: Enabling this mode will issue the *afk* emote and send a customizable message when you receive a tell.
HUDs In General
- Updated HUDs to be more efficient.
- Added HUD “windows” with title bars.
- Title bars can be disabled for any HUD by clicking the “O” icon in the HUD’s titlebar. Holding shift while clicking on the HUD will restore the titlebar.
- A HUD can be closed by clicking the “X” icon in the HUD’s titlebar
- A HUD can be moved by dragging the title bar like normal windows. Using the control key to move the HUD’s will still work.
- Move a HUD close to the bottom or right of the 3D area and it will dock, moving with area when it changes.
- Outlining – When enabled it will outline text making it easier to read without a background.
- Moved HUD enabled, font, fontsize, background color and alpha, and outling into a new tab for configuring.
- Specific options for each HUD remain in their old tabs.
- Changed HUD config tabs to use the “color dots”.
- Target HUD – Essentially an ID HUD, the idea being this could replace the ID panal for much of the time.
- When you select an object this HUD will show the vital statistics for it (Note it will not show all statistics for space constraints).
- For creatures and players it will show their health and will track all vulns and magic yield debuffs.
- For items it will show various info. A=Attuned, B=Bonded, D=Dyable, I=Ivoryable, R=Retained, U=Unenchantable
- Status HUD – Moves the red status text in the middle of the screen into a hud which you can move and configure.
- You can specify the number of lines to show from 1 to 6.
- Use the “Remove Status Text” Option in the Util tab to remove the old status text.
- Clock HUD – Updated with more options
- Expanded to include the major timezones in addition to your time and game time
- Added Count Down and Count Up timers
- Main HUD – Added a couple new options
- Total Time, Total XP, Total XP/Hr, 5Min XP, Changed “XP/Hr” to “Session XP/Hr”
- Moved portions of Util tab into a new tab: Items.
- Improved auto beer use options.
- You can now specify which beers to use.
- You can set it to not consume beers if your buff timer is below a certain time.
- Added Toggle Vitals on Login option, which will change your vitals so that they do not display the numbers on login
- Fixed a bug where removing green text caused filters not to work properly.
- Fixed a bug where command aliases would not properly work only for their specific wording
- Fixed it such that checking a box in various lists would cause that line to be selected.
- the /find command is no longer case sensitive.
- you may now use AgentZ commands in aliases.
*Note the Settings tab is present but does not contain anything yet. It is there for a future upgrade to settings management.
*Also note that if you have an alias for a command the same as another plugin, such as for allegiance hometown, then using it may cause you to lose more mana because it is issuing it twice.
Version 0.9.0.18 – 7/30/06
- Fixed Error #6 when Item HUD quantities were too large.
- Fixed Error #5 when Item HUD was horizontal and the values changed in a particular sequence.
- Added option to show the time remaining on the beer closest to expiring in the Main HUD.
- Added a hotkey which will cause your character to consume one of each beer you have.
- Added option to automatically use beers if the spell is below a certain time.
- Beers set to be automatically used are queued up in an event queue. By default the queue will not run until you trigger it by one of three ways: Clicking on the provided green text in the chat window, pressing a particular hotkey (set through DHS), or issuing a chat command.
- Added option on the About tab setting the event queue to run without waiting for an input.
- Added chat option to clear the event queue.
- Switched pea splitting to use the same event queue as beers.
Version 0.9.0.17 – 6/11/06
Decal Alpha 7 Support
- Fixed Problem with mana filling.
- *Note: Beer related interface options are added but not functional. Was in the middle of adding support but decided to release a working version before finishing since I don’t know for sure when I’ll have time.
Version 0.9.0.16 – 3/30/06
- Fixed problem with using “B” for chat rules in both Predefined and Custom.
- Fixed problem with Item HUD count when opening a chest (I think).
- Fixed Problem with Spell Expiration not matching properly.
Version 0.9.0.15 – 3/17/06
EXISTING CONFIG FILES: These should stay compatable, however some settings will not carry over properly in the chat tab.
Any general chat line which you have made changes to (color, sound) will need to be checked.
If you previously had filtered some chat types, you will need to redo this by going to that chat type and selecting “B” for it.
In addition, the default aliases all now drop the _ on the end. The old style will still work, but requires more work then the new system.
- General Chat Upgrades:
- General chat has been split into 2 parts, Predefined and Custom.
- Predefined contains what General Chat used to be.
- Custom Chat can do anything that Predefined chat does to strings/message types you specify, and has 1 advantage over Predefined: you can send a message to multiple windows.
- Predefined chat has added 2 new features, on/off toggle for each line, and the ability to move messages to different windows. Previously the Left checkboxs was used to filter/unfilter the text, but now it will enable/disable the actions of that line.
- Replacing that functionality is a new dropdown for moving the text. It has these options:
- D: Default (don’t move)
- M: Send to main chat
- 1-4: Send to windows 1,2,3, or 4
- B: Block (replaces function of checkbox previously)
- Both sections now display color by colored dots as opposed to the textual names of the colors.
- I wasn’t happy with how these were working, so I reworked it. On the surface they won’t appear different, but they now work better and are more flexable:
- Previously only 1 global alias would be allowed to work, so if you sent text with 2, only the first one would kick in.
- Also / commands wouldn’t allow text to follow them, meaning something like “/zeg” = “/t zegeger,” wouldn’t work if you tried typing, “/zeg hey man”. It should work like this now.
- With this change there is not much use for the “_” feature any longer, and all the default commands using it have been changed, however the feature itself is still there.
- Item Spell Tracking:
- If you enable this option on the Buffs tab, item spells cast on your items will be shown in the list with the appropriate timer. It will save across logins, but it should only be considered an estimate.
- Corpse Tracking:
- If you die, your corpse will be added to the list with its coordinates.
- If you have a corpse, a new Main HUD option will show the selected corpse’s location.
- Checking Absolute Coords will change the location displayed on the HUD from relative to absolute
- If you check Auto Remove, your corpse will automatically be removed after you open it, and the corpse disappears.
- XP Change Filter:
- You can now set a threshold to filter XP Changes. If a change is below this threshold, then it will not be displayed anywhere (though it will still be considered in the XP count)
- Auto Reset:
- If you enable this option on the Experiance tab, the session will auto reset if 1/10 an XP change is greater then your current session xp.
- For example: Buffing with 7’s you yeild around 2,000 XP. When you start hunting if your first kill is over 20,000 XP so the session auto reset’s
- Global Config:
- There is now an option under Options/About to set a character to use the global config file. This file is used universally on all chars who have this option enabled.
- When you check it, the global config is loaded, if you uncheck it your character specific settings are loaded.
- Any changes made while using the global config will show on any other char using the global config.
- DHS Support:
- Now supports several DHS hotkeys for Resetting the session and toggling the HUDs.
- Fixed problem where auto filling mana may fail because you are busy. It should now keep trying until you are successful.
- Added some sanity checking to textbox entries.
- Fixed bug with how Asheron’s Benediction and Blackmoor’s Favor displayed.
- Fixed coordinates not being standard across different locales, this was also affecting corpse coords in locales outside the US
- The plugin view is now slightly larger.
- Added Date option to clock HUD, optionally it can display a short date.
- Added the ability to offset your tracked buff timer.
- Chat General Changes:
- Split Spells into Your Spells and Other Spells
- Added Your and Enemy War Combat
- Split Evades into Your Evades and Enemy Evades
- Rewrote Spelllist to improve performance
- The messages “You have entered [some chat room]” are filtered. This is not configurable since those messages occur before the settings can load.
- Added chattypes command, which toggles appending of chat types to each line.
- Changed it so selecting a general chat line doesn’t play the sound for that line, now clicking in the sound column will cause the sound to play.
- Added 5 minute XP/Hr average. It reports our XP/Hr based only on the xp produced in the last full 5 minutes.
- Added Mana Charge value threshold. It will only use charges with a value below the threshold specified.
Version 0.9.0.13 – 2/2/06
- Minor changes that fix negative monster xp for 0 xp creatures.
- Fixed Chat option for rares, I had the wrong color, I swear they were pink at one time!
- Code clean up.
- Made a change to filling mana: if you have the option turned on, when you log in it will check to see if any of your equipt items are low, if so then it will fill mana then. If an equipt item is already below 2 minutes of mana when you login, you never get the message and thus the item would run out.
- The option to do friends online when you log in will now filter the response (only for the automatic one) if you have no friends online or have no friends at all.
Version 0.9.0.12 – 1/31/06
NOTE THIS WILL BREAK EXISTING CONFIGS.
I recommend deleting all your character specific settings files before running this version.
Also the Manual has been updated to reflect the release of this version and contains slightly more detailed descriptions of some of the new features.
- Pea Splitting (Experimental). You can set a threshhold, and if any spell component drops below it, a pea will be queued up to be split when you get into peace mode. Note that this check is only done on spell burn.
- Updated Filtering:
- You can now specify a filter to only filter on a whole word, The W checkbox sets it to Whole word.
- You can now set it to replace the word instead of blocking the line, the R checkbox sets it to replace the word.
- Updated Aliases:
- Command aliases have been changed to include the leading /
- For command aliases, if you add a _ to the end of the line, it will enter the text and leave the chat line open for additional text.
- A new class of “global” aliases have been created. If you enter an alias without a leading / then any line you send, the alias will be replaced with the full text. Replacement is whole word only. For example, if you set potb = path of the blind, and then you type, “who wants to go to potb?” the line would be sent as “who wants to go to path of the blind?”
- Item HUD Improvements:
- Font size can now be taken as high as other HUDs
- The icon size is now configurable via a dropdown on the Item HUD Tab
- The HUD can now be set to display Horizontally via the H checkbox on the Item HUD Tab
- Added Chat Option “Send Rare Message to All Windows” which simply send a rare discovery message to all chat windows.
- Added Chat Option “Show Friends Online on Login” which sends /friends online when you login.
- Fixed a bug with the buff timer tracking being off.
- Fixed several bugs and in general cleaned up the chat handling code.
- Minor fix to Mana Stone usage in a case where more then one item became low in a short period.
- Changed the name and/or look of some colors and added some new colors
- Minor code cleanup and improved memory release.
- Added more fonts to the HUD options
- Made the item HUD font changeable by editing the config files, no in-game control is currently available.
Version 0.9.0.11 – 1/22/06
- Made the background color and transparency configurable for each HUD.
- The AgentZ Plugin View will now remember its last position across logins.
- Added a new Chat Option, “Running Low on Item Warning”. It will give a chat warning when you are about to run out of an item on your Item HUD. There are 3 types of warnings: Low, Nearly Out, and Out. You will recieve these warnings even if you turn off the Item HUD.
- Fixed the issue where the HUD’s would in certain cases have too small a width and cut off some text.
- Removed “Dim Peach” from chat colors. It’s no longer an available color for the client and hasn’t been for some time.
- Fixed a bug where the HUD’s would disappear when you changed resolutions or fullscreen.
- Fixed a small bug in the time formatting for long timeframes. Whenever a time reached XX:00:00, it would incorrectly display as XX:00.
- Changed how XP Change is displayed in the HUD. Now it will show normally for 5 seconds after recieving some XP and then become slightly transparent, instead of disappearing.
- Misc cleanup in login code which may improve performace of login.
- Changed Debug mode to False initially.
- Minor changes to Plugin View layout.
Version 0.9.0.10 – 1/19/06
- Fixed Color Change Dropdown for Clock and Item HUD’s not changing the color immediatly.
- Added a “/z resethuds” command to reset all the huds positions to their default.
- Updated plugin to work with Decal Alpha 6
- Added “/z Debug” toggle to remove debug text for the session. Debug text will be removed completely in later versions, its there to help with testing for now.
Version 0.9.0.9 – Initial Closed Alpha release
Big thanks to Aralcarin, Vanykrye, and Ayimi Katashi for the help testing early versions.